Flash MX 2004 Training
Flash MX 2004 teaches learners how to create animated web graphics and movies from scratch. Learners will be able to apply their knowledge to the creation of both dynamic and interactive Web graphics and applications.
This Flash MX 2004 online training series provides 24 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Using the Interface and Importing Graphics
2 . Drawing, Painting, and Using the Library
3 . Creating Animations
4 . Using Shape Tween and Timeline Effects
5 . Using Sound and Layers
6 . Adding Symbols and Buttons
7 . ActionScript, Behaviors, and Publishing
Using the Interface and Importing Graphics
After taking this course, the learner will be able to navigate the Flash MX 2004 interface and use Flash panels, Libraries, and Timelines. Basic principles of document properties, file types, and graphic importation and conversion will lay the groundwork for constructing animations.
- The Stage and Tools panel
- The Timeline, Properties panel, and Library
- Navigating in Flash
- Document properties
- File types
- Importing vector graphics
- Importing raster graphics
- Converting a bitmap to a vector graphic
Drawing, Painting, and Using the Library
This course teaches learners to draw, paint, and use the Library in Flash MX 2004, as well as to create and modify text.
- Viewing and modification tools
- Drawing lines and painting fills
- Creating text
- Selecting and transforming objects
- Creating colors and gradients
- Advanced color techniques
- Isolating objects
- Grouping objects
- Converting an object to a symbol
- Creating a new symbol
- Navigating the Library
- Using symbols from the Library
This course provides an overview of the components of animation as well as techniques and tips for creating and enhancing frame-by-frame animation. This allows the learner to practice basic animation skills before progressing to more advanced animation techniques.
- Frames and frame rate
- Animation speed
- Keyframes and tweening
- Frame-by-frame animation
- Previewing the animation
- Using the Onion Skin tools
- Enhancing a frame-by-frame animnation
- Creating a motion tween
- Motion tweening tips and techniques
- Using multiple keyframes
- Using Ease In and Ease Out
Using Shape Tween and Timeline Effects
After taking this course, learners will be able to create shape tweens and use Timeline effects in Flash MX 2004, allowing them to animate and modify shapes. This course also provides an overview of the use of commands and recording a series of steps.
- Making a shape tween
- Shape tween tips and techniques
- Using shape hints
- Shape Hints tips and techniques
- Using Timeline effects
- Modifying and editing Timeline effects
- Creating a command
- Creating dynamic commands
Using Sound and Layers
After taking this course learners will be able to incorporate audio into Flash MX 2004 animations to create effective sound effects with the least possible increase in file size. In addition, the learner will explore working with multiple layers and layer properties to create both subtle and dramatic effects such as invisible and masked layers.
- Sound basics
- Sync settings
- Modifying sounds
- Looping and coordinating sounds
- Sound quality and file size
- Export settings
- Layer basics
- Layer properties
- Guide layers
- Motion guide layers
- Mask layers
Adding Symbols and Buttons
After taking this course, learners will be able to create interactive pages using movie clips, graphic symbols, and buttons in Flash MX 2004, allowing them to create more engaging, interactive animations.
- Creating a movie clip
- Movie clip behavior
- Using movie clips
- File size and download order
- Making a button
- Defining hit state
- Managing file sizes
- Animated buttons
- Sounds in buttons
- Invisible buttons
ActionScript, Behaviors, and Publishing
This course shows learners how control Flash MX 2004 movies using ActionScript. It also covers a variety of techniques for publishing movies, as well as the pros and cons of each method.
- The Actions panel
- Specifying action parameters
- Frame and button actions
- Movie clip actions
- Using behaviors
- Addressing movie clips
- Publishing a movie
- Adjusting templates
- Using named anchor frames
- Publishing Flash and HTML files
- Publishing GIF, JPG, and PNG files
- Using projectors and QuickTime
- Exporting other media types
Flash MX 2004
This online training series is for anyone who would like to create web animations using Flash MX 2004.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Flash MX 2004 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Flash MX 2004 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the Flash MX 2004 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses