Effective Business Communication Training
This online training series teaches the writing skills learners will need to effectively communicate in a business setting. They'll learn how to prepare for a writing task, and about strategies and skills for effective word choice, sentence building, and paragraph design.
This Effective Business Communication online training series provides 11 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . The Planning Worksheet
2 . Writing Skills
3 . Patterns of Development
4 . Letters
5 . Memos, E-Mail and Other Communications
6 . Reports
7 . Documentation
The Planning Worksheet
After taking this course, the learner will be able to use a Planning Worksheet to analyze the needs and restrictions of a writing task.
- Initial Analysis
- Audience Analysis
- Presentation Analysis
This course will help you improve your business writing skills by choosing appropriate words, building effective sentences, and identifying and correcting common sentence faults.
- Five qualities of effective words
- Rules of correct word usage
- Guidelines for nondiscriminatory language
- Building effective sentences
- Common sentence faults
- Paragraph design
Patterns of Development
After taking this course, you will be able to organize business writing into specific patterns, depending on the type of information you want to communicate.
- Causal analysis
- Description and definition
- Process analysis
The course discusses standard letter parts and letter formats. This course talks about planning a correspondence, and the words, sentences, and paragraphs used when creating an effective letter. It also discusses the block and modified letter formats and how they differ. Finally, this course presents how to write letters that convey neutral or positive news, as well as how to write negative news letters with tact and courtesy.
- Parts of a letter
- Letter formats
- Neutral and positive news
- Negative news
- Persuasive letters
- Sales letters
Memos, E-Mail and Other Communications
This course discusses memos, proposals, press releases, e-mails, and faxes.
- Press releases
- E-mail and fax
After taking this course, you will be familiar with the general characteristics and acceptable formats of formal, informational, analytical, and persuasive reports.
- Characteristics of reports
- Formal reports
- Informational reports
- Analytical reports
- Persuasive reports
In this course, you will learn how to write clear, concise documentation. You will be able to effectively plan your documentation project and decide what information to include. This course also discusses the proper parts of a document, the editing process, and the preparation of your document for production and distribution.
- Planning the project
- Gathering information
- Organizing information
- Producing document parts
- Writing your documentation
- Writing and editing drafts
- Finalizing your document
Effective Business Communication
This online training series is for anyone who wants to improve his or her professional writing skills.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Flash scenarios use real world situations to illustrate course concepts.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Effective Business Communication training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Effective Business Communication Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Business Management Skills Package which includes all of the Effective Business Communication training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses