CompTIA Server+ 2005 (SK0-002) Training
CompTIA's Server+ certification offers industry recognition of server administration, troubleshooting, and management. This online training series equips you with all you need to know in order to pass the 2005 edition of the Server+ test (SK0-002). Learners will be presented with an up-to-date look at current server networking strategies from both the installation and servicing perspectives.
This CompTIA Server+ 2005 (SK0-002) online training series provides 46 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Server Basics
2 . Server Availability
3 . Multiprocessing and Server Memory
4 . Server Bus Architecture
5 . SCSI Systems
6 . IDE/ATA and RAID Systems
7 . Advanced Storage Arrays
8 . Installing Hardware
9 . Server Management and Configuration
10 . Preparing the Server for Service
11 . Upgrading the Basic System
12 . Adapters, Peripherals, Monitoring Agents and Service Tools
13 . Maintenance and Environmental Issues
14 . Server Problem Determination
15 . Troubleshooting
16 . Disaster Recovery
17 . Practice Exam
This course provides you with the basics of server technology. You will examine the different types of servers and network architectures.
- Comparing server systems
- General-purpose and appliance servers
- Application servers and services
- Providing service
- Server types
- Multi-tiered server architectures
This course provides you with a basic understanding of clustering, scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and failover.
- Server failures and reliable server networks
- High availability
- Fault tolerance
Multiprocessing and Server Memory
This course provides information about multiprocessors, multiprocessing systems and memory types that you will encounter on the CompTIA Server+ 2005 (SK0-002) Exam.
- Multiprocessing systems
- Symmetric multiprocessing systems
- Multiprocessing advantages and disadvantages
- Installing multiple processors
- Server processor subsystems
- Selecting server memory
- Error checking and correction
- Buffering and cache memory
Server Bus Architecture
This course provides you with a basic understanding of server bus architecture and various hardware technologies used to manage and maintain a server's up time.
- Local bus architectures and standards
- Server bus management
- PCI configuration
- PCI bus mastering and hot-swap technology
- Hot-plug PCI technology
- PCI Express
- Hierarchical and peer PCI bus
- Intelligent input/output
This course provides information about the SCSI standard, including the development of the standard, the types of SCSI connections, and the cables to use. You will also learn about SCSI addressing, terminations, and how the SCSI standard is used over the Internet.
- SCSI development
- Serial attached SCSI
- SCSI cables and connectors
- SCSI addressing
- SCSI terminations
- Internet SCSI
IDE/ATA and RAID Systems
This course provides you with a basic understanding of the various interface standards and RAID systems.
- IDE interfacing
- Ultra and serial ATA
- Serial ATA II
- Nearline storage
- RAID development
- RAID levels
- Dual-level RAID systems
Advanced Storage Arrays
This course provides information about Fibre Channel standards, as well as how they are used and properly implemented.
- Fibre channel
- Fibre channel storage arrays
- Fibre channel disk drives and adapters
- Fibre channel cables, connectors, and converters
- Fibre channel transmission speeds
- Fibre channel hardware bus lengths and topologies
- Fibre channel bridges
- SAN and NAS specifications
- iSCSI and FCIP network storage
This course provides you with a basic understanding of installation planning, hardware and server installation, and network protocols and infrastructure.
- Planning and verifying installation
- Server power variations
- Network protocols and domain names
- Components, cables, and server racks
- Server hardware
- Server installation
- Understanding network infrastructure
- Network access protocols
Server Management and Configuration
This course provides information about proper network and storage server management and configuration, as administered by the network administrator or server manager. It also discusses storage virtualization methods, preplanning and planning of network operating system updates, external peripheral configurations, and driver update processes on a network.
- Network administration
- Storage virtualization
- Preplanning and installing updates
- Network operating system installation
- External peripheral configurations
- Driver updates
Preparing the Server for Service
This course provides information about the installation of system service tools, backup software, system monitoring agents, and event logs. It also discusses server baselines, creating server configuration documentation, and implementing the server management plan for OS-dependent and OS-independent components.
- SNMP and DMI
- Server backup
- System monitoring
- Server baselines
- Establishing conditions
- Documenting configurations
- Server management plan
- Security planning and remote servers
Upgrading the Basic System
This course provides you with a detailed understanding of basic system upgrades and the elements that accompany them. These include scheduling, documenting, and installing.
- Scheduling downtime
- Performing full system backups
- Processor upgrade
- Hard drive upgrade
- Memory upgrade
- BIOS and firmware upgrade
Adapters, Peripherals, Monitoring Agents and Service Tools
This course provides information on adapters, peripherals, monitoring agents, and service tools, and what you need to know about them for the CompTIA Server+ exam.
- Upgrading server adapter cards
- Upgrading peripheral devices
- Uninterruptible power supplies
- Server monitoring and management
- Monitoring interruption and management software
- Network management protocols
- Service tool upgrade
Maintenance and Environmental Issues
This course provides you with a basic understanding of server backups and physical security issues.
- Performing file backups
- Creating and using baselines
- Adjusting SNMP thresholds
- Server housekeeping
- Server management plan
- Entrance security
- Server room security
- Environmental issues
Server Problem Determination
This course explains how to use diagnostic hardware tools and utilities to evaluate problems with the server.
- Gathering information and handling escalations
- Using server-related documentation
- System evaluation
- Hardware, software, and configuration problems
- Diagnostic tools and utilities
- Server operating system shutdowns
- Troubleshooting server networks
This course provides you with a basic understanding of various system bottlenecks and resource demands.
- Optimal performance
- Documenting suspected bottlenecks
- Identifying performance bottlenecks
- Troubleshooting bottlenecks
- Physical disk bottlenecks
- Memory and network interface bottlenecks
- Processor and network redirector bottlenecks
- Server bottlenecks and resource handling
This course provides information about disaster recovery as it applies to the Server+ exam.
- Disaster recovery plan
- System redundancy plan
- Hardware and media Backup
- Tape drive backup
- Advanced digital recording
- Automated data tape storage
- Backup scheduling
- Backup rotation scheme and removable storage
This course provides information about preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ 2005 (SK0-002) Exam. It also includes two 80-question practice exams.
- Practice Exam 1
- Practice Exam 2
CompTIA Server+ 2005 (SK0-002)
This course is for anyone working, or preparing to work, with server networking technology and hardware, or for administrators and technicians preparing to take the CompTIA certification exam SK0-002.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the CompTIA Server+ 2005 (SK0-002) training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
CompTIA Server+ 2005 (SK0-002) Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the CompTIA Server+ 2005 (SK0-002) training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses