CompTIA Security+ SY0-101 Training
This online training series helps prepare the learner for the Security+ exam. It teaches the learner about general security concepts, communication security, infrastructure security, some basics of cryptography, and operational and organizational security. It also provides the learner with a practice exam that includes questions in a format similar to what the learner will encounter when taking the exam.
This CompTIA Security+ SY0-101 online training series provides 24 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Exam Basics
2 . General Security Concepts
3 . Remote Access and Wireless LANs
4 . E-Mail, Internet, and File Security
5 . Infrastructure Security
6 . Security Baselines
7 . Cryptography
8 . Operational Security
9 . Organizational Security
10 . Practice Exam
This course provides an overview of Security+ certification and various exam preparation tips. Also included is a synopsis of the OSI reference model and some fundamental network and security concepts.
- About the exam - who, what, when
- About the exam - where and why
- The OSI model and the physical layer
- The data link layer
- LAN protocols and transmission methods
- WAN technologies and protocols
- Networking equipment at the data link layer
- The network layer
- The transport layer
- The session layer
- The presentation layer
- The application layer
- The goal of information
General Security Concepts
This course provides an overview of access control, including identification, authentication, authorization, and accountability. Unauthorized access is also covered, from hacker attacks to malicious code.
- Access control concepts
- Access control techniques
- Usernames and passwords
- PINs, one-time passwords, tokens, and tickets
- SSO, certificates, and CHAP
- Types of attacks
- Malicious code
Remote Access and Wireless LANs
This course provides an overview of remote access vulnerabilities, security methods, and technologies. Wireless LANs and their protocols, standards, and weaknesses are also covered.
- Remote access security methods and vulnerabilities
- Remote access security technologies
- Virtual private networks
- Remote access applications
- Wireless LAN protocols and standards
- SSID and WEP
- EAP and site surveys
E-Mail, Internet, and File Security
This course provides an overview of the different standards and applications available for secure e-mail and Internet use. You'll learn about several vulnerabilities and nuisances, including virus hoaxes and spam. Some of the common file transfer protocols are also covered.
- E-mail security
- E-mail vulnerabilities
- Internet security
- Internet applications
- S/FTP and TFTP
- File sharing
- File transfer vulnerabilities
- File systems
This course provides an overview of infrastructure security in terms of devices and media as well as security topologies. Network Address Translation and security zones are also covered.
- Security devices
- Routers and switches
- More networking devices and NAT
- Cable media
- End devices
- Data network types
- Intrusion detection systems
- Security zones
This course provides an overview of the basic principles for the proper hardening of a system. It also covers various hardening principles that apply to computer systems, network devices, applications, and database and directory services.
- Hardening basics
- OS/NOS hardening
- Network hardening
- Application hardening
- Database and directory service hardening
This course provides an overview of cryptography basics, symmetric and asymmetric key cryptography, and digital certificates. Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), trust models, and key management are also covered.
- Concepts of using cryptography
- Cryptography basics
- Encryption, decryption, and the cryptosystem
- Symmetric key cryptography
- Asymmetric key cryptography
- Message authentication
- Digital certificates
- PKI components
- Trust models and key management
- Key management and certificate lifecycle
This course provides an overview of physical security, including common threats, planning a secure facility, and four types of physical security controls. Ways to increase system reliability are also covered, from backup and recovery to high availability architectures. In addition, you'll learn about Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Physical security
- Facility requirements planning
- Physical and technical controls
- Environmental, life safety, and administrative controls
- Backup and recovery
- High availability architectures
- BCP and DRP Overview
- Scope of the BCP project and impact assessment
- Developing the business continuity strategy
- Elements of the business continuity strategy
- Disaster recovery
This course provides an overview of general security policies and practices that should be considered and implemented for a successful information security program within an organization. It also covers topics related to a computer crime investigation.
- Security management concepts
- General security policies and practices
- Principles of risk management
- Security awareness
- Conducting investigations
- Types, rules, and admissibility of evidence
- Chain of custody and evidence lifecycle
- Incident response
This course provides practice exam questions for the MCP/MCSD 70-300 exam.
- Test day tips
- Practice questions
- Practice exam 1
- Practice exam 2
CompTIA Security+ SY0-101
This online training series is for anyone preparing for the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam SY0-101, or anyone who is interested in learning network and security basics.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the CompTIA Security+ SY0-101 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
CompTIA Security+ SY0-101 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the CompTIA Security+ SY0-101 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses