CompTIA Network+ 2005 (N10-003) Training
This online training series provides both theoretical and practical information about the topics covered on the CompTIA Network+ 2005 exam. Learners will learn the layers of the OSI model, features and functions of network components and the skills needed to install, configure, and troubleshoot basic networking hardware peripherals and protocols.
This CompTIA Network+ 2005 (N10-003) online training series provides 38 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Network Fundamentals and Operating Systems
2 . Network Media
3 . Network Devices
4 . Wireless Technologies
5 . The OSI Model
6 . TCP/IP Fundamentals
7 . TCP/IP Configuration and Utilities
8 . Network and Remote Access Service
9 . Network Infrastructure and Security
10 . Fault Management and Disaster Recovery
11 . Troubleshooting
Network Fundamentals and Operating Systems
This course provides an overview of the fundamentals of networking and basic capabilities of network operating systems. After taking this course, learners will understand basic networking concepts and familiarize themselves with various operating systems.
- Understanding networks
- Networking models
- Network types
- Network topologies
- Standards and RFCs
- Windows NOS installation and upgrade
- Designing and planning a Windows Server 2003 network
- Managing Windows Server 2003 users and groups
- Windows NOS support, services, and features
- Windows shared resources and security
- Mac OS X
- Networking hardware and software
- Configuring remote access
This course provides an overview of cabling, connectors, and common tools of the trade. It shows learners how cables and connectors are used to physically connect network devices.
- Cabling and transceiver fundamentals
- Ethernet technologies and specifications
- Media connectors
- Media issues
- Planning and installing cabling
- Troubleshooting and repairing media
This course shows learners the purpose, features and functions of various network components. This gives learners an understanding of the functionality of common network devices.
- Understanding network devices
- Modems and other adapters
- Network interface card
- Switches and routers
- Security integration
- Virtual Private Network
- Network intrusion
- Gateways and subnetworks
- Other network devices and technologies
This course shows learners the fundamental differences between wireless and cabled networking, and the benefits of wireless technology. Learners will get an overview of the various characteristics and factors involved with wireless technology.
- Wireless benefits
- RF and antenna behaviors
- Wireless communication
- Wireless architecture and protocols
- IEEE 802 standards
- WEP protocol
- Open, shared-key and 802.1x authentication
- Passive attacks
- Active attacks
- MITM and jamming attacks
- Securing Windows clients
The OSI Model
This course provides an overview of the OSI model and other networking models, used to design networks. Learners will gain an understanding of the foundations of networking.
- DOD model
- Understanding the OSI model
- Physical layer
- Data Link layer
- Network layer
- Transport layer
- Session layer
- Presentation and Application layers
- Microsoft model
This course provides an overview of the TCP/IP protocols and how they are used in relation to the seven layers of the OSI model. After taking this course, learners will understand the protocols used in the network communications process.
- TCP/IP protocol suite
- Layer 1 protocols
- Layer 2 protocols
- Layer 3 protocols
- Layer 4 protocols
- Network protocols
- Internet protocols
- IP addressing
- Subnetting and subnet mask
- Public and private addressing
- Static and dynamic assignments
- Multicast, broadcast, and unicast
TCP/IP Configuration and Utilities
This course provides further overview of TCP/IP in terms of routing, addressing schemes, interoperability, and naming conventions. Learners will understand the logical communication structure needed to send and receive data.
- Name and address resolution
- Name and address resolution
- How packets travel from network to network
- Routing utilities
- Protocols and ports
- Services, protocols, and applications
Network and Remote Access Service
This course provides an introduction to WAN (Wide Area Network) Standards and Security Protocols, which are used often in large production environment. Learners will become familiar with the speeds, capacities and types of media used for each WAN technology.
- Understanding WANs
- Types of WANs
- Internet access
- Remote access protocols and services
- Security protocols
- Authentication protocols
Network Infrastructure and Security
This course explains what learners need to know about network infrastructure and takes a look at advanced network components. It shows learners different technologies that can be used to protect and enhance the security of a network.
- Understanding firewalls
- Identifying network threats
- Address translation
- Popular firewalls
- Configuring and implementing firewalls
- Protecting network resources
- Extranet and intranet
- Antivirus software
Fault Management and Disaster Recovery
This course shows learners how to use fault tolerance and disaster recovery to minimize the impact of single points of failure and potential threats. This benefits the learner by showing him how to deal with system failure or disastrous incident.
- Fault tolerance
- Configuration management
- Business continuity plan
- Disaster recovery plan
- Clustering and load balancers
This course shows learners how to use network utility and visual indicators to diagnose network problems. This benefits the learner by teaching him how to effectively troubleshoot a network.
- Troubleshooting methodology
- Windows tools
- Linux and Unix tools
- Netware and additional tools
- OSI model troubleshooting methods
- Physical/layer 1 troubleshooting
- Data link/layer 2 troubleshooting
- Network/layer 3 troubleshooting
- Transport/layer 4 troubleshooting
- Session/layer 5 troubleshooting
- Presentation/layer 6 troubleshooting
- Application/layer 7 troubleshooting
CompTIA Network+ 2005 (N10-003)
This online training series is for anyone preparing for the CompTIA Network+ 2005 (N10-003) exam, or anyone who wants to learn networking principles and practices.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive lesson introductions.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the CompTIA Network+ 2005 (N10-003) training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
CompTIA Network+ 2005 (N10-003) Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the CompTIA Network+ 2005 (N10-003) training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses