ColdFusion MX Training
This online training series teaches users how to install and set up a ColdFusion development environment, including connecting to a database, and also teaches how to build ColdFusion applications that integrate such features as e-mail, FTP, Flash, Java, and XML.
This ColdFusion MX online training series provides 28 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Introduction and Installation
2 . Talking With the Database
3 . Displaying Data
4 . Programming and Application Framework
5 . Custom Tags and Building Blocks
6 . Using E-mail, Complex Data Types, and FTP
7 . Securing, Debugging, Improving Application Performance
8 . Using Flash, Java, and XML
9 . Integration and Understanding Fusebox and FLiP
10 . Functions, Tags, and Resources
Introduction and Installation
This course provides an introduction to the interface and the new features of ColdFusion MX, as well as how to install and set up ColdFusion Server.
- Introducing ColdFusion MX
- New in ColdFusion MX
- Getting started with ColdFusion
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing ColdFusion MX Server
- Configuring ColdFusion Administrator
- Data and Services settings
- Debugging and Logging Settings
Talking With the Database
This course introduces the two basic ColdFusion tags used to query a database and display results. The user learns to use CFQUERY to perform queries and CFOUTPUT to display the results on a Web page. The user also learns to use standard SQL to perform basic database operations.
- Making database connections
- Defining and organizing tables
- Introduction to SQL
- Adding and deleting data
- Using SQL joins
- Grouping and aggregating results
- Getting data to and from your database
- Constructing queries
- Outputting your data
- Grouping the data
- Getting the most from your queries
- Manipulating data
- Queries without a database
- Queries of queries
This course provides an overview of form basics, validating form data, and submitting the form and saving the data. It also includes information on building dynamic pages by using query results to create charts and graphs.
- Creating a form
- Using form elements
- Validating data
- Required fields
- Submitting the form
- Displaying dynamic data
- Building dynamic pages
- Creating charts and graphs
- Dynamic graphing
- Standard and drill-down charts
Programming and Application Framework
This course covers programming elements including variable scoping and flow-control statements, which are key to building useful ColdFusion applications.
- Understanding CF variables
- Setting variables with CFSET
- Variable scope
- Basics of program flow
- Manipulating the page
- A dynamic example
- The application framework
- Application.cfm and OnRequestEnd.cfm
- Variables for applications
- Tracking users within sessions
- Tracking users across sessions
- Locking variables
- CF development frameworks
Custom Tags and Building Blocks
This course explains how to use ColdFusion custom tags and how to build custom tags. It introduces ColdFusion Components, built-in functions, and user-defined functions.
- Working with custom tags
- Finding and installing custom tags
- Using custom tags
- Creating custom tags
- Custom tag scope
- ColdFusion components
- Using ColdFusion components
- Built-in functions
- Using CFSCRIPT
- User-defined functions
- Creating user-defined functions
Using E-mail, Complex Data Types, and FTP
This course provides information on integrating e-mail into ColdFusion applications, using complex data types such as lists, arrays and structures, and managing directories and files using FTP.
- Sending e-mail
- Reading e-mail
- Complex data types
- Web Distributed Data Exchange (WDDX)
- Manipulating files
- Uploading and moving files
- Managing directories
- Using FTP
- Uploading and downloading
Securing, Debugging, Improving Application Performance
This course provides information on securing your ColdFusion environment, isolating bugs and using built-in debugging tools, and improving the performance of your ColdFusion applications.
- Security basics
- Securing the ColdFusion environment
- User security
- Building secure applications
- Understanding debugging
- Isolating bugs
- Built-in debugging
- Handling errors
- Creating scalable applications
- Configuring caching
- Optimizing database queries
- Using stored procedures
Using Flash, Java, and XML
This course explains how to integrate ColdFusion with Flash, Java, and XML to create robust applications.
- ColdFusion and Flash fundamentals
- Communicating between Flash and ColdFusion
- Putting a Flash application together
- Integrating Java with ColdFusion
- Setting up a JSP tag library
- Mixing JSP, servlets, and ColdFusion
- Manipulating Java objects
- Using JavaBeans
- Understanding XML
- Working with XML
- Creating an XML document
- Transforming data with XSLT
Integration and Understanding Fusebox and FLiP
This course provides you with information on integrating your ColdFusion applications with other applications, designing better applications with the Fusebox framework, and using FLiP to streamline your design methodology.
- Web application integration options
- Scraping the Web with CFHTTP
- Building a simple agent
- Building Web services
- Building better applications
- The case for Fusebox
- How Fusebox works
- Managing settings
- Building a Fusebox application
- Using FLiP
Functions, Tags, and Resources
This course covers the wide variety of ColdFusion tags, functions, and resources, including ten different categories of functions, a dozen new tags, and the ample assortment of ColdFusion resource sites.
This online training series is for anyone who is interested in learning more about designing Web and database applications with ColdFusion MX.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the ColdFusion MX training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
ColdFusion MX Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the ColdFusion MX training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses