Cisco CIT 642-831 Training
The Cisco CIT 642-831 is designed to help learners prepare for Cisco's Internet Troubleshooting Support Exam (CIT 642-831). This online training series provides a general overview of establishing a baseline, determining an effective troubleshooting strategy, resolving problems at the physical and data link layers, resolving problems at the network layer, and resolving problems at the transport and application layers.
This Cisco CIT 642-831 online training series provides 18 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Networking Principles and Technologies
2 . TCP/IP
3 . Windows Troubleshooting
4 . The Physical and Data Link Layers
5 . Virtual LANs
6 . Serial Links
7 . Routing Protocols
8 . ISDN
9 . Practice Exams
Networking Principles and Technologies
This course provides an introduction to the basics of internetworking. The different network models used to maintain, organize, and troubleshoot Cisco systems are also presented in detail. IEEE media standards covered include the Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, ATM, Token Ring, and wireless standards.
- The OSI Reference Model
- The Internet Troubleshooting Model
- The Cisco Hierarchical Model
- LAN Topology Types
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode
- Token Ring
- Wireless Networking
This course provides an overview of the TCP/IP suite and its applications, and follows with troubleshooting issues regarding those protocols. IP Addresses are used to route data across the Internet and the world. The LAN protocols covered in the course include TCP/IP and Novell IPX.
- Overview of TCP/IP
- IP Addressing and Subnetting
- DNS (Domain Name System)
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
- Show Commands for Troubleshooting TCP/IP
- IP Debug Commands
- Configuring DHCP
This course provides an introduction to Windows troubleshooting techniques. Command syntax and how its used in troubleshooting Windows issues is presented for the most commonly used commands such as ipconfig, ping, tracert, nslookup, netsta,ftp, and telnet. In addition, troubleshooting common problems from Windows clients is discussed.
- The ipconfig Command
- The winipconfig Command
- The ping Command
- The tracert and pathping Commands
- The nslookup Command
- The netstat Command
- The route Command
- The arp Command
- The ftp Command
- The telnet Command
The Physical and Data Link Layers
This course explains how to utilize tools and commands that can help identify problems with a Cisco router or switch, network cabling, or other network problems affecting the Physical layer of the network. These basics include using the show commands, physical tools (such as cable testers), management system software, and protocol analyzers (sniffers). The Set/Clear command set IOS, such as that used on the Cisco 5000 series switch, and the Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI) IOS, used in the Cisco 4500 series switch, are discussed.
- Equipment for Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting with the show Command
- The Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- Configuration and Fault Management
- Hardware Troubleshooting
- Layer 2 Troubleshooting Basics
- Catalyst Switch Troubleshooting Software
- Remote Monitoring (RMON)
- Lost Password
- Switch Troubleshooting Commands
This course focuses on Virtual LANs (VLANs), which were created by the different switch manufacturers to provide individual broadcast domains. By assigning each port to an individual VLAN, each VLAN becomes its own broadcast domain. Additional topics presented include VLAN trunks, pruning, route processing, and troubleshooting switched connections and routing configuration
- VLAN Trunks
- The VLAN Trunk Protocol
- VLAN Advertisements
- Inter-VLAN Routing
- VLAN Configuration
- VLAN Trunk Configuration
- VLAN Pruning
- Assigning a VLAN Membership to a 1900 Series Switch
- Static and Dynamic VLANs
- Configuring and Enabling VTP
- Configuring Inter-VLAN Routing
- Inter-Switch Link
- The IEEE 802.1Q Standard
This course details how to troubleshoot serial links and the protocols used on serial links. Techniques for troubleshooting serial links, including CSU/DSU Loopback Testing and common serial link troubleshooting commands, are presented. In addition, the course discusses Frame Relay troubleshooting and techniques for troubleshooting X.25.
- Serial Link Symptoms
- Troubleshooting Techniques for Serial Link Problems
- CSU/DSU Loopback Testing
- Serial Link Troubleshooting Commands
- Troubleshooting Frame Relay
- Frame Relay Troubleshooting Commands
- Troubleshooting X.25
- X.25 Troubleshooting Commands
This course discusses the different dynamic routing protocols used in Cisco networks and explains how they work. The commands related to troubleshooting routing protocols that the learner needs to know to pass the exam are described. The last part of the course provides an overview of NetWare's routing protocols and the connection sequences and the diagnostic tools that relate to troubleshooting in an IPX (internetwork packet exchange) environment.
- Routing Protocols
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Internet Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- IGRP vs. EIGRP
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS)
- IPX/SPX Overview
- SAP and GNS
- IPX EIGRP
- IPX Access Lists
- IPX Troubleshooting Commands
This course provides an overview of ISDN, dial-on-demand routing, dialer and access lists, and q.921 and q.931 signaling. Troubleshooting commands for ISDN and CHAP are presented in detail.
- ISDN Overview
- Troubleshooting ISDN Configurations
- Troubleshooting Connections at the Physical Layer
- Terminology for Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Provider Switches
- Troubleshooting the Data Link Layer
- Troubleshooting the Network Layer
- ISDN Troubleshooting Commands
This course provides practice exam questions for the Cisco CIT 642-831 exam.
- Taking the Exam
- Practice Exam 1
- Practice Exam 2
Cisco CIT 642-831
This online training series is for anyone preparing for the Cisco CIT 642-831 exam or for anyone who wants to learn more about networking.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Cisco CIT 642-831 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Cisco CIT 642-831 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Cisco CIT 642-831 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses