Novell 570 CNE Advanced Administration Training
This online training series teaches users how to administer NetWare 5 and also prepares users to take the Novell CNE 5 Test #050-640 or CNI Test #050-840. Users will learn about upgrading and migrating to NetWare 5, managing the server, optimizing performance, and using IP. In addition, they will learn about file systems, storage, queue-based printing, remote access, the FastTrack Internet server, and other topics related to NetWare 5.
This Novell 570 CNE Advanced Administration online training series provides 18 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Upgrading or Migrating
2 . Managing the Server
3 . The File System
4 . NSS and Backup
5 . Memory and CPU Performance
6 . Disk and Network Performance
Upgrading or Migrating
This course reviews the procedures for upgrading an existing NetWare server to NetWare 5 or migrating the information on an existing NetWare server to a new NetWare 5 server.
- Preparing the Source and the Project
- Selecting and Verifying Data
- Completing the Migration
Managing the Server
This course provides instructions on how to manage a NetWare 5 server by using NLMs, configuration files, and ConsoleOne. The course also examines how to secure the server and enable Java support.
- Server Components and Functions
- Server Configuration Files
- Remote Console
- Securing the Server
- Java Support
- Managing with ConsoleOne
The File System
This course reviews the role of volumes and directories in the file system, including principles for structuring the file system. It also provides instruction on how to create custom volumes and directories.
- Custom Volumes in the File System
- System Created Directories
- Directory Structure
- Custom Directory Structures
NSS and Backup
This course examines how information on the NetWare 5 server can be stored in a Novell Storage System volume. It also examines the concepts and procedures for backing up and restoring both server and workstation data.
- Novell Storage System (NSS)
- Understanding Backup
- Backing Up Information
- Data Restoration
Memory and CPU Performance
This course shows users how to optimize server performance by using the MONITOR application and managing server memory.
- NetWare 5 Memory Allocation
- Virtual Memory
- Monitoring Server Performance
- Cache Memory
- Controlling Application CPU Time
Disk and Network Performance
This course shows the user advanced techniques for optimizing the server. These techniques increase the amount of data that can be stored on the server and the speed at which server communications occur.
- Block Suballocation
- File Compression
- Packet Receive Buffers
- Packet Burst
- Large Internet Packets (LIPs)
Novell 570 CNE Advanced Administration
This online training series is for anyone interested in learning to administer NetWare 5 or in taking the Novell CNE 5 Test #050-640 or CNI Test #050-840.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Novell 570 CNE Advanced Administration training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Novell 570 CNE Advanced Administration Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Novell 570 CNE Advanced Administration training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses