Oracle 9i Database Fundamentals 1Z0-031 - Managing Instances and Creating Databases
This course introduces users to managing an Oracle instance, creating a database, and using globalization parameters.
This lesson is part of our Oracle 9i Database Fundamentals 1Z0-031 online training series which contains over 29 hours of self-paced courseware. Our web-based training provides 6 months of unlimited access.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Create and manage an initialization parameter file
- Configure Oracle-managed files
- Use the startup command
- List the different options available for starting Oracle
- Shut down an Oracle instance
- Describe the two types of diagnostic files used in Oracle
- List the prerequisites necessary for database creation
- List values that must be set in the parameter file
- Use the Database Configuration Assistant
- Create a database with the create database command
- Define a character set for your database
- Configure language-dependent behavior for the your database
- Retrieve NLS information from the your database
- Creating an Initialization Parameter File
- Configuring Oracle-Managed Files
- Starting an Instance using SQL*Plus
- Startup Methods and Options
- Shutting Down an Instance
- Using Diagnostic Files
- Planning for Database Creation
- Preparing the Parameter File
- Using the Database Configuration Assistant
- Creating a Database Manually
- Choosing a Character Set
- Specifying Language-Dependent Behavior
- Viewing Globalization Support Information
This course is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Oracle 9i Database Fundamentals 1Z0-031.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 6 months of unlimited access (1 user), includes a variety of features and all courses qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is an e-learning leader in providing computer training tutorials and online education. We have satisfied customers in over 75 countries using our online training courses. We have been a leading provider of self-paced web based training for the past 10 years.