CISSP Security Professional - Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
This online training course covers Domain 8 of the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam. It explains what you need to know about preservation in the face of major disruptions to normal business operations. It covers both the preparation and testing of specific actions to protect critical business processes from the effect of major system and network failures.
This lesson is part of our CISSP Security Professional online training series which contains 24 hours of self-paced courseware. Our web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Document the natural and man-made events that need to be considered in making disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Explain the difference between disaster recovery planning (DRP) and business continuity planning (BCP) and the importance of developing plans that include both
- Detail the business continuity planning process
- Explain the need for, and development of, a backup strategy. Include information on determining what to back up, how often to back up, as well as the proper storage facility for backups
- Detail the disaster recovery planning process, including recovery plan development, implementation, maintenance, and the restoration of business functions
- Business operation disasters
- DRP and BCP differences
- BCP scope and business impact analysis
- Developing operational plans for BCP
- BCP implementation, testing and maintenance
- Disaster recovery planning
- Developing a backup strategy
- Alternative site requirements
This course is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using CISSP Security Professional.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), includes a variety of features and all courses qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is an e-learning leader in providing computer training tutorials and online education. We have satisfied customers in over 75 countries using our online training courses. We have been a leading provider of self-paced web based training for the past 10 years.